Even if your business does not handle food, pest problems can occur on premises where goods and people are constantly on the move.
Once they are present, pests could damage your stock and severely harm your reputation.
As non-food retailers, you may face pest threats from rodents, flies, moths, and biting insects.
A wide range of other insects and nuisance birds are also common problems.
- Moths – Clothes Moths or Carpet Moths can severely damage natural fibres (such as wool, silk or cotton) in carpets, clothes, fabrics, fur, and leather items. Moth caterpillars cause damage by eating the protein (keratin) found in natural materials.
- Beetles – Other insects, such as the flea, are wingless and can only crawl or jump to move around. Crawling insects here refers to insects that are perceived as pests mainly due to their crawling behaviour.
- Cockroaches – Finding cockroaches in your business can be very distressing. Cockroaches are known carriers of diseases such as Salmonella, Dysentery & Gastro-enteritis; exposure to this pest also poses significant health risks. Increases in eczema and asthma have even been linked to cockroach droppings.
- Rodents – Over time rodents have been used as food, for clothing, and as pets. Some species, such as the brown rat, black rat, and the house mouse, are serious pests, eating and spoiling food stored by people, and spreading diseases such as Hantavirus & Salmonellosis.
- Birds – Birds can become a real nuisance for your business. It’s not just the mess they make; they can also damage your premises by dislodging roof tiles and blocking guttering, affecting your reputation. There are other problems that mean you should adopt bird control measures sooner rather than later.
Discreet Unmarked Vehicles - Complete Pest Control & Prevention in Hampshire
HPC247 Pest Services for Non-Food Retailers
Whatever the nature of your business may be, from second hand furniture to textiles, our technicians will work discreetly to protect your business from any pest threats.
Contact us or call free to arrange a visit from your local surveyor and discuss our range of service solutions to benefit your non-food retail business.
Professional pest control solutions can provide the protection you need for your stock and reputation. It will also ensure a safe and hygienic working environment for your staff.