Pest control has an important role in preventing secondary infection in hospitals, surgeries, and nursing homes.
As the leading expert in pest control, HPC247 have the expertise to deliver the highest level of reassurance against pests, while being sensitive to the special needs of working in a healthcare environment.
By their nature, healthcare facilities are busy places and it is difficult to prevent rodents, flies, cockroaches, and other insects such as ants from entering the building and thriving with the food and warmth they can find there.
These pests are a serious threat in every environment, but in primary healthcare, the risk of cross-contamination is acute.
HPC247 Services for Healthcare Facilities
We have been working with hospital trusts and other healthcare providers for many years to anticipate and prevent potential pest risks.
We have a solid understanding of the requirements for healthcare facilities stipulated by the Infection Protection Act in relation to pest control.
This Act requires healthcare organisations to take appropriate structural, logistical, and control measures to prevent pest infestations.
HPC247 Services includes:
Our approach is to develop a resilient cordon around the perimeter of healthcare facilities, use bait stations in higher risk areas, and monitor and respond to any signs of incursion.
- Structural advice – advice on avoiding the creation of pest harbourages.
- Logistical advice – food supply, waste management, and laundry disposal handling to minimise the risk of pest infestation.
- Control measures – regular monitoring conducted by a certified pest control expert to detect any pest activity with the option to use online reporting.
- Prevention advice – if a pest infestation is discovered, we will help to prevent the spread of pathogens.
Discreet Unmarked Vehicles - Complete Pest Control & Prevention in Hampshire
Key Service Benefits
As part of our service, we will identify the invading pest species and affected areas, and assess the extent of infestation. We can then create a customised treatment plan, including monitoring traps for proof of eradication and produce reports to document the measures taken.
- Trained BPCA – our technicians are trained to ensure they maintain the highest standards of hygiene to avoid cross-contamination. They are sensitive to the impact of being seen in public areas and they will only use products that are appropriate and discreet for the environment.
- Field Biologists – our field biologists create reports for companies audited by a governing body. Hospitals will always have an inspection carried out by a field biologist.
- Innovative chemical-free treatments – includes our chemical-free insect heat treatment, which can be used in high-sensitivity areas where traditional chemical products would be inappropriate.
- Rapid response – our rapid response commitment will mean that your technician will be with you quickly to deal with the pest. They will identify the root cause of the infestation and will advise on how to ensure that the problem will not return.